Criminology and Criminal Justice Undergraduate Research

Undergraduate Research Opportunities

If you are thinking about going to graduate school or you have a passion for social science research, consider joining a CCJ research team. There are two ways you can earn credit for your undergraduate research assistant experience:

  • Participate in NAU's Intern-to-Scholar Program.  On the I2S website you will find descriptions of current research projects and the CCJ faculty who are seeking undergraduate research assistance. 

  • Enroll in CCJ 485: Undergraduate Research. A CCJ faculty member will need to give you a special permission number to enroll. 

  • Apply for a Hooper Undergraduate Research Award. The Hooper Grant encourages greater participation of undergraduate students from all disciplines in research, scholarly, and creative activities supervised by a faculty mentor.