Move-In Process and Dates
Fall 2017 Move-In Dates
move-in: the $20/night charge will be posted to your student LOUIE account
Fall 2017 Move-In Process
To ensure a smooth move-in experience and best
manage traffic flow on campus, staggered move-in appointments have been established for
each residence hall. The move-in process consists of the following steps and are detailed below:
- Select a move-in appointment.
- Print your confirmation to place in windshield (or bring with you if not in a vehicle).
- Arrive at your designated unloading zone at your scheduled time to unload your belongings and check into your residence hall.
- Move your vehicle to a designated lot or garage by the end of your move-in appointment.
1. Select a move-in appointment
Between July 24 - August 7 log into the housing portal and select “Move-In Appointment Selection” from the top menu to sign up for your arrival time.
You will see all available
appointment times from Tuesday through Sunday. The number of appointments in each time slot are limited in order to manage traffic flow. Appointments are 20 minutes in length to allow enough time to unload belongings, check into the residence hall and receive your keys.
2. Print your confirmation
you select your move-in appointment, print your confirmation. This page will include your move-in appointment date/time, your residence hall and contact phone number.
Place this confirmation in your vehicle's windshield. If you arriving by shuttle, train or method other than a personal vehicle please bring your confirmation with you.
3. Arrive at your designated unloading zone at your scheduled move-in appointment
Arrive at the beginning of your
appointment to check in and unload possessions. Review directions to your unloading zone for your residence hall. As you approach your destination, staff and signage will be available to help navigate you through the unloading zone.
4. Move your vehicle
unloading, you will be asked to relocate your vehicle to a designated parking
lot or garage. Please be sure to move your vehicle by the end of your move-in appointment so that the next group can arrive to their appointment.
Other Move-In Tips
- You will need your JacksCard with you when you arrive for your move-in appointment. If you have not received your card yet or have lost it, please build in enough time to stop first at the JacksCard office in the University Union to pick up your card prior to arriving at your move-in appointment.
- Welcome Jacks are student volunteers who are available to assist you with unloading and carrying your belongings to your room. Welcome Jacks will be scheduled from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at Freshman Connections residence halls.
- Please do not bring a large u-haul or moving truck as you will not need that much stuff in your room! Aim to fit all that you need into your vehicle. It is always easier to add later than to arrive with too much! Parents and families visiting for Family Weekend can bring you items at that time such as winter clothing. You will not need a heavy coat in August!