Enrolling in Voluntary Benefits
You can enroll in voluntary benefits on, or after, your benefit eligible hire date.
- You have 31 days from your date of hire into a benefit eligible position to complete your benefit enrollment.
- If you don't enroll within the 31 days, your benefits will be waived and you will have to wait until the next open enrollment period in the fall unless you experience a Qualified Life Event
- Your benefits will be effective the first of the pay period following your completed enrollment or your benefit eligible hire date whichever is later.
How to enroll in voluntary benefits
You will enroll in your voluntary benefits through the LOUIE Self Service Center. Enrollment instructions
- Access LOUIE through NAU
Homepage at https://nau.edu.
- Click on Quick Links in the top right of the
page and select LOUIE.
- Enter your User Id and Password.
- Select Self Service > Benefits
> Benefits Enrollment.
- Click Select for the event displayed.
- Click Edit on each benefit to enroll in or change your election.
- Once you have completed your
enrollments click Submit.
- Authorize your enrollments by clicking the final Submit.
Note: Your enrollment is not complete until you
click the second (final) submit button to authorize your enrollment.
Changing your voluntary benefits
- Open Enrollment: Once a year the university sponsors open enrollment period during which you can change your benefit enrollment for the next plan year beginning the following January 1st.
- Qualified Life Events(QLE): During the year you may only change your benefit if you experience a Qualified Life Event (QLE).