How to become certified to teach in the state of Arizona

Educator Certification

Information about how to become certified to teach in the state of Arizona, including information on Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessment (AEPA), obtaining your AEPA test results, fingerprint clearance card, as well as information about how to apply for certification and fees can be found at Arizona Department of Education Educator Certification Website.

Institutional recommendation

Many of the programs offered through the College of Education meet the requirements for a teaching certificate or endorsement through the Arizona Department of Education.  Depending on which program is completed, the student may be eligible for an Institutional Recommendation (IR) for certification from the Arizona Department of Education. For more information, please contact your advisor to find out more about obtaining in IR.