Information for international Faculty, Staff, and Scholars

Refer to these classifications in order to bring a foreign national to work or visit in your department. 

J-1 Scholars

J-1 Exchange Visitors for temporary educational, collaborative and cultural exchanges.

H1-B Specialty Workers

Permits foreign nationals to work in the U.S. in specialty occupations.

Permanent Residency

"Green Card" authorizes a foreign national to live and work in the U.S. indefinitely. 

USCIS Fees & Petitions

For applications and petitions.

OPT and AT

Temporary work authorization. Optional Practical Training (OPT) for F-1s. Academic Training (AT) for J-1s.

B1/B2 Visitor Information

Foreign visitors invited to engage in temporary business, pleasure, tourism, or vacation activities.