the Full-time Leveler Track?
If your bachelor’s degree is not in Speech-Language Pathology, you need to
take a few extra courses to be prepared for your graduate coursework.
In this full-time, year-round track, you’ll take 87 credits (21 “leveler”
credits and 66 graduate) two and a half years and leave prepared to enter the
You are eligible for the leveler
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- As required by ASHA (Std. IV-A), you have at least one
3-credit course in each of the following areas:
- Biological Sciences (human or animal sciences for
Biology majors, e.g., biology, human anatomy & physiology,
neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, human genetics, and veterinary science).
The introductory course for Biology majors (BIO 181 in Arizona
universities) will meet this requirement. Lab not required.
- Physical Sciences (physics or chemistry). No longer
allowed: Astronomy, archaeology, forestry, geology, earth and
- Social/Behavioral Sciences (psychology, sociology,
anthropology or public health).
- Statistics (course with “statistics in the title”).
Not allowed: Research methodology.
more information about the courses you will be taking and when, see our Full-time Leveler Course Sequence.
One way to get information about a course is to follow this link and then scroll to the chart under the heading “Clinical
Speech-Language Pathology, Master of Science”: Course details are contained in the Details tab.
Visit our Admissions page.