NAU Information Technology Services support several UNIX servers. These servers provide UNIX web hosting for NAU faculty, staff and students. Some of the services provided on these servers include:
- Apache 2 HTTP services
- Cgi-bin and general programming tools including:
- Audio and video streaming
- MySQL client and connector support
- Access via SSH/SCP/SFTP/SMB
Below are a list of policies that should be reviewed before you publish any content to your website to keep yourself and the university protected.
Network Acceptable Use Policy for Students
- This policy should be reviewed in full
- This policy contains information regarding using the universities network resources for harassing or intimidating others, copyrights and intellectual-property rights, obscene purposes and much more.
Network Acceptable Use Policy For Faculty/Staff
- This policy should be reviewed in full.
- This policy contains information regarding using the universities computers or network resources for harassing or intimidating others, legitimate academic or administrative purposes, copyrights and intellectual-property rights, the appropriate use of data and much more
Northern Arizona University Personnel Policy Manual
- Review policy 5.10 - Lobbying/Political Activity
Web Hosting is available to all NAU Departments, Organizations, Students, Faculty and Staff
How to Request
If an NAU Department or Organization needs web hosting, have the Faculty or Staff responsible submit an ITS SOS Ticket. Include any pertinent information you have and the ITS Solution Center will contact you to discuss the available options.
If you are a student contact the Student Technology Center at 928-523-9294 to discuss the options available to you.
If you are Faculty or Staff submit an ITS SOS Ticket. Include any pertinent information you have and the ITS Solution Center will contact you to discuss the available options.
Cost / Pricing
There are typically no charges for ITS's Web Hosting
NAU is using the CMS400 all-in-one web content management platform for content, document, image, and site management of the NAU website.