VLab Connection Instructions using Mac OSX
Connection Instructions for Mavericks
If you don't have a Remote Desktop Client on your Mac, you will need to download and install the following client from Microsoft.
- Open the finder and go to Applications. Double-click the Microsoft Remote Desktop to start a session.
- Click "New" in the top left-hand corner to create a new connection.
- Enter "NAU Virtual Lab" for the Connection name and "vlab.nau.edu" for the PC name.
- Under Credentials, type the domain ("NAU-STUDENTS" for students, or "NAU" for faculty) followed by a forward slash and your Dana ID. Then type your password.
- Close the window and double-click "NAU Virtual Lab" under My Desktops to launch a new session.
- Click Connect Once or Connect Always to connect to the Virtual Lab.
Connection Instructions for Older Versions
1. Open the Finder and go to Applications. From there double-click Remote Desktop Connection to begin a session.
2. When Remote Desktop Connection opens, you will type in the computer name vlab.nau.edu
3. Next you will need to enter your login information, as pictured below. Replace xyz123 with your UID and type your password in the correct field. In the Domain field you will type "nau-students" if you are a student and "nau" if you are faculty or staff.
4. As the VLab is running an OS prior to Windows Vista, you will see the following information if you are on Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier. To finish logging in, click the "Yes" button.
The NAU Virtual Lab (vlab) provides remote access to the student computer lab environment, the Microsoft Office suite, ArcGIS software and other software.
Training & Documentation
How to connect to the Virtual Lab (vlab) using Windows.
How to connect to the virtual lab using Linux.top