SafeAssign in Blackboard Learn is the University's official anti-plagiarism application. If you are having trouble using SafeAssign, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Make sure that third-party cookies are allowed in your internet browser:
- Chrome - Under number 5, select "Allow cookies by default".
- Firefox - Make sure that "Accept third-party cookies" is set to "Always".
- Internet Explorer - Scroll down to the "Allow cookies" section for instructions: Move the slider to the bottom to allow cookies, and then tap or click OK.
- Safari - Be sure to select "Always allow"
- Restart the browser.
- If all else fails, try using a different Internet browser entirely.
Global Reference Database
Blackboard’s Global Reference Database is a separate database where students voluntarily donate copies of their papers to help prevent plagiarism across universities that use SafeAssign. It is separated from NAU's internal Blackboard database, where all papers are normally stored. Students are free to submit their papers to their SafeAssignments without submitting them to the Global Reference Database (just uncheck the checkbox). Students submit their papers to the database voluntarily and agree not to delete papers from the Global Reference Database in the future. Submissions to the Global Reference Database are extra copies that are given voluntarily for the purpose of helping with plagiarism prevention between institutions. Blackboard does not claim ownership of submitted papers.
More information can be found on Blackboard's website.
Blackboard Learn is NAU's online Learning Management System, the destination for NAU's online classes and online resources for in-person classes.