Remote Desktop Server Connection Instructions
How to connect to RDS
To get started using Remote Desktop Services on a Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 computer
- Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, Communications, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.
- In Computer, type the Remote Desktop Server computer name: greenpc.nau.edu.
- Click Connect.
- The Log On To Windows dialog box appears. Type your NAU username, NAU domain password, and then click OK. You now have your desktop for Terminal Services. If you are off campus, precede your NAU username with the nau domain, "nau\".
- To log off and end the session, click on Start, then Log Off, then Log Off again.
To Get Started using Mac OS X Click here to download the Remote Desktop for Mac client: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads
To get started using Remote Desktop Services on Windows operating system older than Windows XP, you must first install the client.
- In an Internet Browser, go to: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx.
- Under Download on the right hand side of the page, click on the file: msrdpcli.exe.
- Click on the Download button on the top of the page.
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- When the installation wizard starts, follow the directions that appear on your screen.
- Follow steps 1-5 under “To get started using Remote Desktop Services on a Windows XP computer.
Several users may work simultaneously on the remote desktop servers; each user only sees their individual session and is independent of any other user logged on.