Connecting a mobile device to Microsoft Lync 2010
Microsoft Lync 2010 for mobile devices allows you to stay connected on the go. With Lync, users can keep track of their contacts’ availability, send an IM, or make a phone call—all through a consistent, familiar interface.
To connect your Android phone to Microsoft Lync 2010
- Download the Lync 2010 app from the Android app store.
- On the Lync 2010 main login page type your full NAU Email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Sign-in address field.
- Click the options button on your phone to pull up the Options selection for Lync 2010.
- Under User Name selection type the NAU domain (nau\) followed by your user id (abc123).
- Click ok.
- Click the back button to return to the main login screen.
- In the password field type in your NAU password and then click sign in.
To connect your iPhone to Microsoft Lync 2010:
- Download the Lync 2010 app from the iTunes app store.
- Type your full NAU Email address (email@example.com) in the email field.
- Enter your NAU password into the password field.
- Click More Details to expand the additional options.
- Type in your NAU User ID (abc123) into the User ID field. Finally, click Sign In at the bottom of the screen.
Windows 8 Phone
1. Download Lync 2010 from the Windows app store.
2. Type your NAU email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password into the appropriate fields. Make sure "Remember my password" is checked.
3. At the bottom of the sign-in screen, tap "More Details."
4. Tap "Select status" to choose your initial sign-in status (Available, Away, Busy, etc.). In the user name field, type "NAU\abc123" without quotes where "abc123" is your NAU User ID. When you are finished, tap the check mark icon at the bottom of the screen to sign in to Lync.
Instant Messaging, also known as IM, is a form of real-time direct text-based communication