Windows Mobile Exchange Setup
Windows 7 Phones
Before you begin using Exchange for mobile devices you will first need to agree to NAU's Mobile Device policies at: https://iris.nau.edu/homepage/mobile/
You can set up email accounts on a Microsoft Exchange Server, and accounts that use Exchange ActiveSync (including Outlook Web App).
- On Start, flick left to the App list, tap Settings , and then tap Email + accounts.
- Tap Add an account > Outlook.
- Tap the Email address box, and then type your email address.
- Tap the Password box, and then type your password.
- Tap Sign in. If the phone finds your account settings, your email, calendar, and contacts will be synced to your phone, and you can skip to step 8.
- On the Outlook screen, do the following, and then tap Sign in:
|For this field
||Verify that your email address appears correctly.
||Tap Show password, and then verify that the password is correct.
Verify that the user name is correct.
For example, if your work email account is email@example.com, you would type abc123 for the user name.
Type the domain name for your account "NAU".
- If the correct settings can't be found, tap Advanced, do the following, and then tap Sign in:
- Tap the Server box, and enter the server address "iris.nau.edu". This is the web address that you use to access your email in a web browser using the Outlook Web App.
- Tap Show all settings, and then verify that the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection setting is set to on.
- If the New password needed message appears after a few moments, tap Set, tap the New password box and enter a password that meets the security requirements. Tap the Confirm password box and type the same password, and then tap Done.
Windows mobile (WinCE 6.0+)
Windows mobile (WinCE +) Exchange setup
Exchange email, and calendaring services are available for most mobile devices including, Android, iOS, and Windows phones.