Allow Pop-ups in Web Browsers
Internet Explorer 9
Note: To access advanced features click Settings in the Pop-up Blocker section.
- In the upper right corner of your internet browser, click the Tools icon which looks like a gear, and select Internet options.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Uncheck Turn on Pop-up Blocker.
When blocking a pop-up, Firefox displays an information bar, as well as an icon in the status bar. When you click either the Options button in the information bar or the icon in the status bar, a menu is displayed with the following choices:
- In Windows, from the Tools menu, select Options…
- In Mac OS X, from the Firefox menu, select Preferences…
- Click Content.
- Check or uncheck Block Popup Windows. To customize permissions for specific websites, click Exceptions…
Note: If you select Edit Popup Blocker Options, you can then click Exceptions next to “Block pop-up windows” and enter the URLs for any sites on which you wish to allow pop-ups.
- Allow/Block popups for this site
- Edit Popup Blocker Options
- Don’t show this message (info message) when popups are blocked
- Show (the blocked pop-up)
SafariFrom the Safari (in Mac OS X) or Edit (in Windows) menu, click on Block Pop-up Windows to check or uncheck this option.
- At the upper right, click the wrench icon, and select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings…
- Under the “Privacy” section, click Content settings…
- Under the “Pop-ups” section, select Allow all sites to show pop-ups or Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended). To customize permissions for specific websites, click Manage exceptions…
ITS offers software support for Students, Faculty and Staff to allow the campus community to achieve academic and administrative goals and functions.