Setting Up the VPN ConnectionThis guide will show you how to set up a connection to the NAU VPN in Windows 8.1.
If you are not already on the Start screen, open it by pressing the Windows Key. Start typing "VPN" without quotes to run a search for it. Left-click "Manage virtual private networks (VPN)" in the search results.
Left-click "Add a VPN connection."
- In the "VPN provider" drop down menu, select "Microsoft."
- Enter "NAU VPN" without quotes as the connection name.
- In the "Server name or address" field, type "vpn.nau.edu" without quotes.
- Make sure "User name and password" is selected under "Type of sign-in info."
- For your user name, type "NAU\abc123" without quotes where "abc123" is your NAU User ID.(Students need to insert "NAU-Students\" infront of their User ID)
- Type your password into the "Password" field.
- Make sure there is a check in the box for "Remember my sign-in info."
- When you are finished, left-click "Save" to set up the VPN connection.
Connecting to the VPNThis guide will show you how to connect to the NAU VPN in Windows 8.1. This requires you to set up the connection first. See the above section for a guide on setting up a VPN connection.
Hover your mouse cursor over the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. In the menu that appears, left-click "Settings."
Left-click the icon for the network.
In the list of network connections, left-click "NAU VPN" and left-click "Connect." You are now connected to the NAU VPN.