Learn more about the 2015 Earth Week Design Competition
NAU Sustainability Leadership Awards
The purpose of the campus sustainability awards is to recognize those who have enhanced the culture of sustainability on the NAU campus and surrounding community. For the Environmental Caucus, sustainability means increasing the health of our community and our planet through an understanding of, and actions to enhance, the stability, resilience, and diversity of our intertwined natural, social, economic, and cultural systems. A sustainability award nominee should recognize these links and undertake significant actions resulting in positive impacts to the sustainability our local community. These actions could have a major impact over a short period of time or occur over an extended period.
Join NAU's Student Environmental Club the Green Jacks!
2014 Recycling Update
The Green NAU Energy Initiative is Hiring a Student Worker
The Green NAU Energy Initiative is hiring a student worker to be an outreach assistant! Please see the job description below for more information on the position and on how to apply.Green NAU Energy Initiative Outreach Assistant
About the Green NAU Energy Initiative
The Green NAU Energy Initiative (GNEI) began in 2013 as a campus wide effort to encourage students, faculty, and staff to reduce the amount of energy and water they use in order to reduce the university’s environmental impact and save costs. In addition to this initial program GNEI also works on other campus sustainability issues such as recycling and waste issues, energy efficiency, renewable energy investigation, etc.
The Green NAU Energy Initiative is looking for a student program assistant to help with the outreach and overall operations of the program. This position will focus on a variety of marketing related functions as well as day-to-day organizational tasks.
- Create new and edit existing marketing and program materials such as websites, various print materials, informational videos, and social media messaging. (50%)
- Assist the GNEI staff with presentations and web based newsletters. (10%)
- Coordinate and post on behalf of GNEI through social media. (10%)
- Data entry and management. (5%)
- Other program support such as placement and installation of marketing materials, event planning, general office work, and other duties as assigned. (25%)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign
- Understanding of social media
- Basic understanding of making videos
- Public Speaking
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro X
- Knowledge of video production
How to Apply
- Complete student worker application located here >http://nau.edu/uploadedFiles/Administrative/Finance_and_Administration/Facility_Services/Documents/Fac_Staff/HR_Forms/FS_student_app_fillable.pdf
- Email completed application, resume, and design example to FSPS@nau.edu email@example.com.
If you have an idea for how to help NAU become more sustainable, contact the Office of Sustainability to see if you can turn your idea into an internship!