NAU Community Music and Dance Academy
The NAU Community Music and Dance Academy strives to provide the finest music and dance education experience for all ages and abilities throughout Northern Arizona. Academy faculty include experienced educators and performers in their area of specialty. Music lessons are available for all skill and age levels on most orchestral and band instruments, piano, voice, and guitar. Dance classes include ballet and jazz for all ages and ability levels.
Mission: The NAU Community Music and Dance Academy cultivates a deep and lifelong appreciation for and involvement in the performing arts through a comprehensive program of community and cultural engagement, educational opportunities, and performances. Experience-based education programs along with professional and personal development nurtures and inspires artists, audiences, and arts advocates of all ages by connecting external communities to the University's faculty, students, and rich artistic resources. Academy performances and programs enrich the cultural life of the surrounding community through collaborative opportunities and an environment of discovery and creativity balanced with the value of tradition and pursuit of innovation.
|Monday, February 1, 2016: Due to current and predicted weather and road conditions, dance classes are canceled. Please check the Snowline
(523-2333), this page, the Facebook page, and your email for any changes or updates.|
- Fall Music and Dance Registration Opens: Monday, August 1
- Leotard and Shoe Exchange: Saturday, August 13, 10am-12pm, Ponderosa Lobby
- Fall Dance Classes Begin: Monday, August, 29, see class schedule for details
- Suzuki Strings Parent Beginner Class, Tuesday, September 6 & Wednesday, September 7, 6:30-8:30pm, Performing & Fine Arts Building, room 137
- Suzuki Strings Play-In: Thursday, September 8, 4:30pm, Ashurst Auditorium
- Suzuki Strings Tour Group Auditions: Friday, September 9, 4:30pm - please call the Academy Office to schedule an appointment
- Festival of Science Dance Performance: Friday, September 23, 7:00pm, Ardrey Memorial Auditorium