To apply for Upward Bound
Students MUST meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply to the Upward Bound program:
Low-income and/or first generation college bound students (parents or guardians who have not received a baccalaureate degree) attending one of the following four participating high schools:
- Coconino High School
- Hopi High School
- Williams High School
- Winslow High School
Applicants are high school freshmen on a "college track". Sophomore, junior, and senior applicants will not be accepted.
Selected applicants should be committed to completing the 2015 four week summer Academy
2014 - 201t Application procedures
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Complete and signed 2014-2015 Upward Bound Application.
- Copy of parents/guardians completed 2013 federal income taxes (Taxes must be SIGNED).
- If 2013 taxes were not filed, please complete the Parent/Guardian Income Affidavit included in the UB application.
- A copy of your Social Security Number.
- Copy of your Arizona State ID. (If you do not have an Arizona State ID, please obtain one. Students must have their Arizona ID prior to attending the 2015 Academy.)
- A copy of your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB), if applicable.
- A copy of your high school grades.
- Three TEACHER evaluations (English, Math, Science).
- Five STUDENT reflective questions.
- Three PARENT reflective questions.
Application Priority Due Date: December 12, 2014
For additional information, please contact the Upward Bound Program at 1-800-628-4494.