Upward Bound is a year-round TRiO program providing educational services and college preparatory assistance to high school students who will be first-generation college graduates. Upward Bound is funded by the U.S. Department of Education for northern Arizona high school students who attend either Williams, Coconino, Hopi or Winslow High Schools. Click here for academic eligibility, the application procedure, and to apply.
Upward Bound is designed to increase the retention and graduation rates of high school students who are low-income and/or first-generation college students (parents have not earned a 4-year college degree). Upward Bound will provide educational services to ensure eligible participants develop academic, emotional, social, motivational, cultural, leadership, and life-long learning skills necessary to graduate from high school, enroll in college, and earn a Bachelor's degree.
Two components of Upward Bound
- Portfolio Program
- Summer Academy (4-week summer residential program on the NAU campus for incoming Sophomores and Juniors) (5-week summer residential program on the NAU campus for incoming Seniors)
Fall 2014 Program Calendar (Coming Soon)
- September 2014
- October 2014
- November 2014
- December 2014
Upward Bound freshmen recruitment dates:
Upward Bound recruits freshmen students from Hopi, Winslow, Coconino and Williams High Schools.
- Williams High School - October 22, 2014 (Students) Evening Recruitment Orientation - November 5, 2014 (Students & Parents)
- Hopi High School - October 23, 2014 (Students) Evening Recruitment Orientation - November 12, 2014 (Students & Parents)
- Winslow High School - October 24, 2014 (Students) Evening Recruitment Orientation - November 19, 2014 (Students & Parents)
- Coconino High School - October 27, 2014 (Students) Evening Recruitment Orientation - November 13, 2014 (Students & Parents)