Field Trips and Funding
First Year Seminar has funds available for FYS and SYS classes to go on field trips and other curriculum-related activities. If you are seeking funds for your projects in class, e.g. printing costs such as posters, etc., or your field trip, please complete the following paperwork at the beginning of each semester and forward to Ramona.Doerry@nau.edu. All requests must be approved before incurring any expenses.
Required for all drivers:
NAU transportation has policies in place for drivers, upon signing the attached documents you are agreeing to the NAU Transportation policies. Cars for your field trip need to be booked prior to the start of the semester, or at the beginning of each semester at the latest. Please call NAU transportation (928-523-2469) or book online here - Vehicle Request.
Steps needed to be completed before a field trip:
- Complete the "Annual Travel Authorization."
- Complete the "Defensive Driving Module."
- Complete the "Authorized Driver Registration."
- When picking up a vehicle, NAU transportation will verify these items have been completed. You will not be allowed to pick up a vehicle if a driver has not done the module or the registration.
- If you do not have an Arizona Driver's License, please complete the Non-Arizona DL Request Form and email to Ramona.Doerry@nau.edu
Transportation Link: https://www4.nau.edu/cas/tsc
Vehicle Breakdowns and for on the Road Emergencies: 1-800-704-7274