Second Year To-Do List
Second Year: 30-59 Completed UnitsTransfer Students
Step One: Transfer Credits
Transfer Students, click on the Transfer & Commuter Connections website to help make your transition to NAU a smooth one.
Complete 15 units per term (or talk with your advisor to discuss other options)
Send official transcripts to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to have them evaluated and posted to your LOUIE. (Early Enrollment depends on the number of units completed!!)Step Two: Academic Advisor
Step Three: Schedule an appointment
Find your Academic Advisor. In your second year, you might be seeing your Gateway Advisor or a college advisor. To find your assigned advisor check your LOUIE.
*If your advisor is listed as unassigned, click to visit our University Advising contacts page.
Step Four: Appointment preparation
Schedule an Appointment.
When you receive your early enrollment advising email, click Early Enrollment Advising to schedule an appointment with your Gateway Advisor.
Call or email your assigned advisor early in the semester to schedule an appointment.
Step Five: Holds
Prepare for your advising appointment.
- Utilize the Academic Catalog to find information on major and minors
- Review your academic requirements report on MyNAU or LOUIE.
- Consider minors or certificates.
- Prepare a list of questions for your advisor and plan to take notes.
- Understand that advisors are here to assist you and offer feedback based on the information you provide. Ultimately, you will make the final decisions based on what is discussed during your appointment.
- Be mindful of each college’s (and Gateway’s) late policies.
- Lastly, be attentive and ready to interact with your advisor. Use this time to find out about important resources, gain more knowledge about options available to you and actively participate in your educational experience.
Step Six: Study AbroadStep Seven: Student Life
Clear holds on your
account in order to enroll.
Step Eight: Academic Services
Get involved with all that NAU has to
Step Nine: Scholarships & Financial Aid
Utilize academic services offered on
Step Ten: Assess progression
Ensure that your finances are taken
care of for the following academic year.
Go to the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid website to search for scholarships
that are offered.
and apply for departmental scholarships and grants within NAU
Take steps toward the end goal:
with your advisor during your second semester
an individualized progression plan