Bachelor of University Studies
If you are interested in earning an
adaptable degree that you can mold to your interests and specific career
aspirations, the Bachelor of University Studies (BUS) may be a good choice.
This degree provides the flexibility for
an advanced student to change direction and build upon prior educational
experiences in multiple disciplines. It will provide you with focused
preparation for your career path and concentrated study in two areas as you
complete two minors.
For further information, contact the Gateway Student Success Center at 928-523-4772
To major in University Studies, you
60 credit units completed or in progress
- be a current NAU student or have been admitted to NAU
- be a Flagstaff Mountain Campus student
- complete the application and submit to the Gateway Student Success Center. This degree is available beginning in the 2012-2013 catalog.
With this versatile degree, you will
be equipped to begin a variety of career paths, including:
- writing and editing
- grant writing
- program administration
- non-governmental organization (NGO)
- event planning
Program learning outcomes
- Demonstrate the intellectual and practical skills of written/oral communication.
- Demonstrate analytic reasoning/critical thinking, and quantitative reasoning
- Apply knowledge of human cultures, diversity, and global issues to intra/interpersonal situations.
knowledge of the physical/natural world and scientific literacy in
appropriate contexts and to situations involving the interaction of any
- Demonstrate problem solving and project management in a real world setting.
the skills and objectives from the breadth of liberal studies,
diversity, and two disciplines to apply to novel situations specific to