UC Liberal Studies Faculty Excellence Award
The Dean of University College, Karen Pugliesi, and Cyndi Banks, the Associate Dean of University College, are pleased to announce that nominations for the University College Liberal Studies Faculty Excellence Award will open on February 1st, 2014. Faculty may self-nominate or nominate a colleague. Students may nominate a faculty member. All nominations are to be sent to Ramona Doerry here.
This award recognizes and rewards sustained instructional excellence by faculty of all ranks teaching liberal studies classes.
The deadline for the application has been extended to March 24th, 2014.
2014 Outstanding Academic Advisor of the Year
- Outstanding Faculty Mentor/Advisor
- Outstanding Professional Advisor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Availability for advisees, faculty or staff
- Number of advisees & frequency of contact with advisees
- Impact on student success
- Participation in and support of developmental advising
- Monitoring of student progress
- Mastery of advising skills
- Mastery of institutional regulations, policies and procedures
- Efforts to advance or innovate within the advising community
To nominate an Outstanding Academic Advisor:
Complete the nomination form: 2014 Outstanding Academic Advisor of the Year
Submit your nomination by March 14th, 2014
Selection will be made and the award will be presented by the end of the Spring 2014 term.