Our program’s mission is to increase college retention and
graduation rates for eligible students. We offer first year students:
- Mentoring from an upperclass student leader, who can help you make a successful transition to college.
- You will start SSS with a small group of first-time freshmen who share many of your experiences. They'll become your support system as well as your friends.
- Peer-led workshops on time management, study skills, paying for college, budgeting, personal strengths, getting involved, and campus resources.
- Professional staff who will provide guidance on academic skills, financial aid, and money management.
- A $500 scholarship for each semester of successful participation as a freshmen or sophomore (you must have unmet financial need).
How to apply
We are now accepting SSS Program Applications for the 2015-16 academic year. Visit the "How to Apply" page for more details on program eligibility and the steps to apply.