Student Activities Council (STAC)
The Northern Arizona University STudent Activities Council (STAC) provides financial support for events that enhance and enrich students’ lives on the Mountain Campus. STAC has two areas of focus: large-scale entertainment events ($5,000 and over) and small scale events ($500-$4,999). Any department or registered student organization can seek funding through STAC. Student organizations seeking funding of less than $500 should go through the Associated Students of Northern Arizona University (ASNAU) or Graduate Student Government.
Please note the following requirements before submitting a proposal:
- Funded events must be open to all students.
- Funded events must take place on campus.
- STAC cannot allocate funds to events that raise money for charitable organizations.
- The maximum amount of funding for any one event is $20,000.
Additional information before submitting a proposal:
2016-2017 STAC Application
- Proposals should be submitted no less than 30 days prior to the event.
- STAC will notify the Event Coordinator (person submitting proposal) to arrange a formal presentation during a regularly scheduled meeting.
- Presentation should not exceed 15 minutes.
- STAC meetings are scheduled weekly.
- Unless additional information is requested, proposals will be voted on by STAC immediately following the presentation. Requests may be funded fully, partially, or denied. Once a decision is reached the presenter will be notified within two business days of the decision.
- If awarded money by STAC, the Event Coordinator will have to schedule a meeting with one a STAC Adviser within 2 business days to review event planning and STAC funding procedures.
Proposals will be reviewed in the order they are received and presentations scheduled accordingly. If you have questions regarding your proposal please contact STAC@nau.edu or 928-523-5181.