Information Technology tools
Faculty Travel Award Program 2014-2015
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Faculty Travel Award Program provides modest enhancements to departmental financial support for travel by faculty that promote international engagement, faculty research, undergraduate research or participation in competitions, or curriculum and instructional priorities of the academic unit. Faculty are eligible for one travel award per academic year. Funding is dependent on availability of funding. This document outlines the process and criteria for selection in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
Awards up to $500 for travel will be given for travel that advances one or more of the following college priorities (not presented in rank order):
• supports international scholarship, international dissemination of scholarship or international programmatic development
• is critical for development of new scholarship or advancing a scholarly/research agenda
• involves undergraduate students as research collaborators
• supports curriculum, pedagogy or course design that is a high priority for a program.
Applications are to be submitted to the chair or director of the academic unit in which the faculty member is appointed for review and prioritization. For AY 14-15, applications and supporting documents are due to the chair/director on:
September 15, January 15, April 15
Applications for support from the Faculty Travel Award Program must include:
• The SBS Travel application form, including the budget and information on financial matches from the department, school, or other sources.
• A brief memo that explains how the request fits the criteria outlined above.
• Provide documentation of acceptance of the paper/abstract or other role within the conference as applicable or evidence of collaborative, scholarly or programmatic plans/arrangement.
Incomplete applications will be returned and not considered.