What Housing and Residence Life is all about
Our new mission
statement and values – created in Spring 2012 – encompass a reflective, informed,
participatory and consensus-building effort by staff from every part of our
Housing and Residence Life is committed to maintaining a safe environment that values and respects the diversity of each individual. We accomplish this by:
- recognizing and celebrating the strengths that come from our similarities and differences
- providing educational programs and materials that value awareness and personal growth
- serving as allies, advocates and resources to student of all backgrounds
- welcoming all individuals who live, work and play or interact within our community
- not tolerating behavior in our communities that denigrates others through any form of violence or form of harassment
- recruiting staff members who share and foster in our commitment to diversity
This environment encompasses those of different physical/mental ability, age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, political affiliation, physical appearance, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status or veteran status.
Our expectation is that individuals will understand and consider the positive and negative effects their actions have on the community.