Many residents describe McDonald Hall as a “home away from home” and as a small, tight-knit community of 118 residents, it is easy to see why. McDonald Hall is an apartment-style hall and is a central part of The Courtyards’ community. The Courtyards are located on central campus and are nestled between the Health & Learning Center, Wall Aquatic Center, post office & bookstore, and University Union. Residents are encouraged to take advantage of the hall’s personal services, which include a grill & patio located in the open courtyard, a spacious study lounge, and a game lounge with a pool table, television and gaming system. In addition to McDonald Hall, residents are able to enjoy all of The Courtyards’ amenities, including the front desks located in Gillenwater Hall and Raymond Hall, Gillenwater’s horseshoe pit, volleyball net, & gazebo, and Raymond’s exercise room. Residents are also encouraged to participate in The Courtyards’ various events such as the Courtyard Hall Association’s (CYHA) ‘Yote Floats, the annual Courtyards Pack Party in the fall, and The Heroes’ Feast in the spring.
3-D floor plan (Click image to view)Apartment features
- three beds
- full sized shower and bathroom
- one sink with a mirror
- three dressers with mirrors
- four drawer - each drawer measures 17" x 22" x 5"
- split desk with task chair
- one wardrobe per student
- each wardrobe measure 47" x 66" x 24"
- one kitchen area with a refrigerator, gas stove, sink, cabinets, and table with four chairs
- four piece sectional couch
- end table and lamp
- built-in refrigerator cabinet
- common space: 152" x 179"
- bedroom: 125" x 144"
- bathroom: 109" x 56"
- laundry facilities
- inner courtyard
- patio with grill
- game lounge with pool table and gaming system
- large study/recreation lounge with piano
- hall association work room
The 2015-2016 academic year rate is $4,912. For your
convenience, rent is billed directly to your student LOUIE account.
are included in rent, which include:
- cable TV
- high-speed wired and wireless internet