Freshman Connections Events
Welcome Week events
During these first two weeks in the semester, RAs will invite you to some of
these activities. Check out all the possibilities on the Welcome Week website.
Participate in activities and events to help successfully
transition into college. Many events are initiated by the RA, but there are
larger programs for all freshman students as well, including:
- The Letters, August 23 at 11:30 a.m. - Play a part in this monumental annual freshman photo event! Students who attend will receive a free True Blue shirt and together will form the letters N, A, and U on the South Field Recreation Complex.
- Tie-dye Party, September 5 from 3-5 p.m. on the Reilly lawn. Come join hundreds of
freshmen as they tie-dye event. Many dyes will be available to you for free to make a colorful creation!
- Can I Kiss You? September 10 at 7:30 p.m. Prochnow Auditorium - Come laugh ‘til you cry at this revealing look at dating and intimacy.
- Running of the Freshmen, September 13 at 2 p.m.time - Get geared up in your blue and gold so you can run
out in front of the football team at the first game of the season.
- In-hall Group Exercise Classes, October 20-26 at 7 p.m. - As part of the Freshman Fusion
series, join others in your hall’s lobby area for a group exercise class.
Tinsley Putt Putt
- October 24-26, 2014 – Participate in the many homecoming traditions with others from your hall association. Be a part of the Saturday parade and help your Hall Association build a float.
Swing Into Spring
- For the first three weeks of the spring semester, a series of events and activities are provided that focus on welcoming you back, providing academic success tips, and providing information on having a healthy semester. Look for information from your RA about all the events.
- The staff of McConnell Hall will host a formal dance to raise money for the American Cancer Society toward the end of January in the duBois Ballroom. Tickets are typically $5 per person at the door.