Housing Reapplication 2013-2014
Reapplication for the 2013-2014 academic year is now closed.
New for 2013-2014
- McKay Village, Pine Ridge Village and Campus Heights – the credit hour requirement to live in these halls will move from 60+ credits to 30+ credits for 2013-2014. To be eligible to reapply for McKay, Pine Ridge or Campus Heights, you must have at least 30 credit hours (NAU earned plus spring-enrolled hours) on your NAU transcript by March 1.
- Tinsley Hall – will become a full Freshman Connections hall for 2013-2014 and will not be available for reapplication.
- Roseberry Hall - will become a co-ed hall housing women and men for 2013-2014
- Step 1 – students log into the housing portal to complete their online application starting March 1
- Step 2 – students log back into the portal to select a room during any process in which they are eligible to participate. Room Selection will take place in two waves:
- McKay, Pine Ridge, Campus Heights (must have 30+ credit hours to live in these halls)
- Same Hall/Same Room - March 4-5
- Same Hall/Different Room - March 6-7
- Different Hall (McKay/PRV/CH) - March 11-15
- All Other Upper-Division Halls
- Same Hall/Same Room - March 26-28
- Same Hall/Different Room - April 2-4
- Different Hall -All Other Halls - April 9-May 10
Students who do not participate in Same Hall, and who need or want to participate in Different Hall will receive a designated room selection start date/time based on their date of housing application. So the earlier they apply, the earlier their assigned time will be designated to select a room.
Students with past due rent at the time of reapplication will not be eligible to select a room.
Students can later change their 2013-2014 room assignment online in real time during and after the reapplication time period based on space availability. There is no charge to select a new room.
Students can request roommates and accept roommate requests through the housing portal. Roommate requests must be accepted through the housing portal prior to room selection for a student to be able to assign them in a room together. If a space is selected without assigning a roommate(s) at that same time, students will not be able to later assign roommates to that same space. The roommate with the earliest room selection time should select the
space and assign roommates for greatest space availability.
Students can assign as many roommates as will fill the available space in the unit – for example, a student can assign up to three other students to live in a Gabaldon suite (based on space availability). Immediate confirmation of room and roommate
placement will be received at the time of room selection.
If a student selects a room (or is placed in a room by an accepted roommate) and later cancels the housing contract for any reason, a cancellation fee will be charged:
Cancel by May 15 - $500 Cancellation Fee
Cancel May 16-June 30 - $750 Cancellation Fee
Cancel on or after July 1 - $1000 Cancellation Fee
If a student cancels the housing contract before selecting a space (or before being placed in a space by an accepted roommate), no cancellation fee will be charged.
To review more detailed information, visit our Reapplication FAQ page.