Intellectual Property Committee
Committee for AY2016-17
The NAU Intellectual Property (IP) Committee is appointed in accordance with Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) Policy 6-908, Intellectual Property. At NAU, the IP Committee:
- Reviews proposed changes to ABOR IP Policy and makes recommendations associated with such proposed changes to the President through the campus IP Official;
- Reviews proposed changes to NAU IP Policy and makes recommendations associated with such proposed changes to the Vice President for Research through the campus IP Official;
- Receives and hears disputes brought by employees and others (who have standing to bring such disputes before the Committee); deliberates and makes recommendations regarding such disputes to the President or his/her designee; and
- Makes recommendation to the campus Conflict of Interest Committee regarding the management of conflict of interest associated with intellectual property and technology transfer activities.
Intellectual Property Committee members are chosen by the Vice President for Research and serve one-year, renewable terms.
- Karen Appleby (ex officio)
Special Assistant to the President and Provost
- Tim Becker
Associate Professor of Practice
- Amy Dryden
- Michael Nichols (ex officio)
Associate Vice President for Sponsored Projects
- Tom Rogers