Approved Liberal Studies Courses
Approved Liberal Studies courses, including pre- and co-requisites as of a given term, can be easily identified using the Academic Catalog Course Search.
How to find approved Liberal Studies courses:
- Open the "Search by Requirement Designation" search menu.
- Select a Liberal Studies category from the "University Requirements" drop-down box*.
- Select a Term from the "Select a Term" drop-down box. (Course information can change over time. Viewing information by term ensures it is accurate for your needs.)
- Click on the "Search" button.
A complete list of approved Liberal Studies courses in your selected category will be returned. To view when a particular course may be offered, click on the course title to view additional details. Course details also include pre- and co-requisites for the term in question, etc.
*Liberal Studies requirement categories include:
- Aesthetic and Humanistic Inquiry
- Cultural Understanding
- Foundation Requirement (i.e., English Composition and Mathematics)
- Junior Writing Requirement
- Lab Science
- Science and Applied Science
- Senior Capstone
- Social and Political Worlds
Some Liberal Studies courses may also fulfill Northern Arizona University's Global Diversity or U.S. Ethnic Diversity requirements.