Northern Arizona Masters (NAM) program
Northern Arizona Masters (NAM) is a coached swim workout
group. We offer an organized and structured swim experience, tailored to
different speeds and abilities—it doesn’t matter how good you look or how fast
you swim. NAM provides you opportunities to:
- improve aerobic fitness and overall strength
- better your stroke efficiency and quality
- relieve stress
- get personalized feedback and tips from coaches
- socialize with others during workouts and
- attend competitions and swim against other
people of your age and ability
To join NAM, you must:
- be able to swim laps—only a basic level is
- be 18 years old or older
Membership is open to Northern Arizona University students
and the public.
Training is seven times per week for 90 minutes at the Wall
Aquatic Center. Have a look at the hours.
Memberships and fees
To swim with NAM, you must purchase a pass. Find out more
about prices and when to buy them.
Rules and regulations
Please be aware of the following rules:
- NAM memberships are only valid during Masters
- All participants in Masters practice must follow
the workout unless expressly given permission to abstain by the WAC director,
WAC aquatics intern or Masters head coach
- If you have injuries or special circumstances,
we can make accommodations, but please talk to us first.
- All participants must follow the directions of
the on-duty Masters coach and/or any WAC staff member.
- All participants must be registered to practice
or have paid the daily admission charge.
Failure to abide by these rules and regulations will result
in a forfeiture of your membership with no refund and dismissal from the
program and facility.
If you have questions, contact our head coach Frank Smith at email@example.com.