Welcome to the Peoplesoft Financials (PSFIN) website.
July 2013 updatesRead more
FY14 Budgets Loaded in PS Financials:
FY14 State and Local budgets have been loaded from NSTAR to
PS Financials. These budgets do appear in Business Objects reports
run for FY14.
FY14 Pre/Encumbrances in PS Financials:
Comptroller’s Office is investigating some instances of
incorrect FY14 pre-encumbrances/encumbrances that were created with
requisitions that were entered for FY14 prior to the fiscal year cross over
(impacts approximately 20 departments). They plan to investigate these
Coming soon!!! New Payroll Transfer Process for FY14:
Payroll transfers for FY14 payroll expenses will be
processed on departmental journals with a journal source of IPT. More
information regarding the rollout of the new process will be communicated in
August. The paper retro distribution forms will not be accepted for FY14
payroll expense transfers, so please hold any FY14 payroll transfers until the
new process is rolled out.
FY14 Zero Budget Lines for Revenue Deposits:
Now that we are in a new fiscal year, please remember to
verify that your department id has the appropriate FY14 revenue budget lines BEFORE
making a deposit through the Cashiers Office. Deposits will only be
allowed against FY14 budget lines. If FY14 revenue budget lines are not
setup, your deposit will be held up until such time as the necessary budget
line can be added or the account on the deposit transmittal is changed to an
account under an existing budget line.
The following departments serve various roles in maintaining the system:
- Comptroller's Office - serves as the primary steward for Peoplesoft Financials. It is responsible for maintaining the base chart of accounts and system control tables.
- Contracting and Purchasing Services - responsible for maintaining the purchasing functions, including vendor maintenance, Purchasing card, recording of fixed assets and certain Accounts Payable functions.
- Budget Office - responsible for establishing and maintaining budgets for departmental units.
- Post Award Accounting Services and Fiscal Compliance - Formerly Sponsored Project Services - responsible for post-award accounting and fiscal compliance for grants including budgeting, indirect cost recovery, billing and collections.
- Information Technology Services - the Peoplesoft technical team provides technical support for security configuration, development resources and problem resolution.
- Enterprise Reporting - Enterprise Reporting provides institutional information to the NAU community via a secured reporting environment accessing the NAU Data Warehouse. This information is provided to the campus community in order to conduct university business and support university planning, decision-making and reporting.
Transactions processed through Peoplesoft Financials are subject to Policies & Procedures set forth by the Comptroller’s Office and Contracting and Purchasing Services. All PSFIN users should refer to these policies and procedures when processing transactions through Peoplesoft Financials.
Comptroller's Policies & Procedures
Contracting and Purchasing Services Policies & Procedures
If you cannot find the answers you're looking for on this site, please contact the PSFIN Help Desk at: (928) 523-4357 or e-mail: ASK-FAS@nau.edu