Our number one priority is providing you with streamlined, effective transportation, and we are proud to share the following information about our services.
- Shuttles arrive every five minutes during peak hours on new express route.
- Campus Shuttle Service provided transportation to 1.1 million riders during the 2010-2011 academic year, and ridership is projected to increase during 2011-2012.
- Our GPS map, Shuttle Watch, provides real-time tracking of our shuttles and is accessible from most mobile devices and any internet connection.
- 15 of the 20 campus shuttle buses are new since 2010. This reduces our carbon footprint and increases reliability of service.
Get around campus and Flagstaff
The Mountain Link shuttle, which is a partnership between the university and other agencies, provides free service to students, staff, and faculty with ID seven days a week, with routes covering:
- downtown Flagstaff
- Harkins theater
Mountain Link makes it easy to get around the university and the town with hybrid electric buses that come equipped with bike holders.
Stay up to date on our shuttle information, new and changing
routes, and more.
Campus express route
The Rapid Ride express route runs from the Social and Behavioral Science
building northbound, with stops at the Union and behind Old Main (on the corner
of Knoles Drive and Tormey Avenue). There are only three stops on this route to
minimize transport time. This service
operates Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
SafeRide provides service from campus to downtown Flagstaff
Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights from 9 p.m.-2 a.m. SafeRide begins the weekend after the second week of classes during the fall and spring semester. This service makes
- McConnell Drive (near P40 and the foot bridge)
- Hilltop Townhomes
- Wilson Hall
- the corner of Mountain View Drive
- San Francisco Street
- The Orpheum (downtown)
Off-campus transportation services
Need to travel out of town? Here are links to some available
services. We do not endorse a particular service.
Service for students with disabilities
Most campus shuttle vehicles are fully accessible, and students with disabilities may also arrange free transportation
for special times and needs.
To apply for accommodation, write to:
Northern Arizona University
PO Box 5633
Flagstaff, AZ 86001-5633