Our number one priority is providing streamlined, effective transportation around campus, and we are proud to share the following information about our services.
- Students responding to the 2014 Transportation Survey reported 90% satisfaction when interacting or receiving service from Parking and Shuttle Services staff.
- 1.36 million rides were provided to students, faculty and staff on campus shuttles during the 2013-2014 academic year increasing from 1.1 million riders during the 2011-2012 academic year.
- Our GPS map, Shuttle Watch, provides real-time tracking of our shuttles and is accessible from most mobile devices and any internet connection. 253,324 hits were received during the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Since 2010, 15 of the 20 campus shuttle buses are new expanding capacity by approximately 200 students. The new buses have double doors which allows for faster boarding and de-boarding resulting in more efficient service. This also reduces our carbon footprint and increases the reliability of service.
Stay up to date on our shuttle information, new and changing routes, and more.
Summer shuttle hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. The bus stops are located at the Skydome, McConnell, Forestry/South Village, P62, SBS, Campus Heights/Gabaldon, Union/Fine Arts, Old Main, and ARD. Buses leave the Skydome on the hour, every hour, until 5 p.m.
Two routes are offered for your convenience.
The Louie Line is the main shuttle route and runs from the Walkup Skydome (building #73) northbound with multiple stops. This service operates Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. = Every three to five minutes
- 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. = Every fifteen minutes
- 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. = Every thirty minutes
The Rapid Ride is the express route and runs from the Skydome with stops at the Social and Behavioral Science (building #65), the Union (building #30A), behind Ashurst (building #11), and southbound at ARD (building #56). There are only five stops on this route to minimize transport time. This service operates Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. = Every six minutes
Service for students with disabilities
Most campus shuttle vehicles are fully accessible, and students with disabilities may also arrange free transportation for special times and needs.
To apply for accommodation, write to:
Northern Arizona University
PO Box 5633
Flagstaff, AZ 86001-5633