Parking and Shuttle Services provides and supports parking, shuttle, bike, and pedestrian transit services. Our customer service offers students, staff, and visitors of the university information regarding accessible parking and travel while on campus.
Use the following options to quickly identify the type of action needed:
New kiosk in P66 (Skydome)
A kiosk is now located in P66 (Skydome) for short-term parking or daily use. All kiosks accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and debit cards with Visa and MasterCard logos only.
2013-2014 Permits Available June 1st
Permits for the 2013-2014 academic year are available for purchase online. Faculty, staff and students may charge the pemrit to LOUIE or pay using Visa, MasterCard, Discover and debit cards with Visa and MasterCard logos only. Print out the two week temporary permit provided and display it its entirety on the passenger side windshield. Benefit-eligible faculty and staff may take advantage of tax savings by choosing payroll deduct. Permits are mailed to the requested address. If you do not know your address have the permit mailed to Parking and Shuttle Services, P.O. Box 5603, Flagstaff, AZ 86011 and we will email you when we receive it.
Please make sure you order the correct permit based on our guidelines here. If you are not offered the correct zone, call our office before you purchase the permit so that we may assist you. If you order the wrong permit there is a $5 exchange fee for changing your permit.
Students are encouraged to order early as space in some parking zones is limited. P7A (HLC), NC (behind Cline Library), and R3 (Sechrist, McDonald, and Gillenwater Halls) set out quickly. You may reserve your permit on June 1, 2013 and not pay for it until tuition and other charges are due in the fall.
The last day to return a permit for a refund was September 11, 2013.
2013-2014 Permit Prices:
- Resident and commuter parking lot year permit $440 (semester only $332)
- Employee parking lot year permit $400 (semester only $302)
- Parking garage $530 (semester only $400)
- Evening only year permit (valid after 4:30 pm) $210 (semester only $160)
- Motorcycle year permit $218 (semester only $166)
- Part-time employee parking lot permit $154 (per semester)
Spring 2014 Transportation Fee
The transportation fee is $50 and covers a portion of the operating costs to provide shuttle services and other transportation related expenses (bike lockers, bike registration, pedestrian/bike path signage and improvements). The fee is charged to Flagstaff Campus students. Students who purchase a parking permit, after the charge has been posted, will be credited the fee up until mid-term of the semester. Students assigned student teaching, an internship, or study abroad will be credited the fee. Students taking online classes and living at least 50 miles away may request the fee be waived. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach offer/assignment documentation for the student teaching, internship or study abroad that indicates dates and placement.
It is our goal to continuously meet your on-campus transportation needs. Find out what kind of new or improved services we have added.
Important things to know about parking on campus
- Free parking is available on weekends and university recognized holidays in employee and commuter lots unless otherwise noted. Weekend guests must display an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) placard to use ADA stalls.
- Year-round, a vehicle must display a valid permit to park on campus Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding parking lots that are free after 4:30 p.m. These lots include P7 (Wall Aquatic Center), P7A (Health and Learning Center, P13 (behind Cline Library), and P62 (near I-40). ADA stalls are available and require an ADA placard in conjunction with a valid university parking permit.
- Short-term parking is available throughout campus. Garages are located on Knoles Drive and San Francisco Street. Pay by space stalls are available in P7 (WAC), P16 (Union/Fieldhouse), and P45 (du Bois). Pay by lots are available for use in P13 (behind Cline Library), P62 (I-40), P64 (NAUPD/Capital Assets), and P66 (Skydome). The garages and kiosks accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and debit cards with Visa and MasterCard logos only. A vehicle displaying a student permit is prohibited from parking in garages, pay by space stalls, and pay by lots as these are intended for campus guests.
- An additional short-term parking option includes the "15 Minute Loading Zone Only" stalls. These stalls may be utilized with or without a valid permit.
- Permit requirements are posted at the entrances to all lots. Signs and permits are color-coded. Many of the lots have designated stalls within them that must be avoided unless authorized to use. For example, the designated employee stalls located in the residential lot west of Wilson Hall (P30), and the designated employee stalls located in the north commuter lot west of Cline Library (P13).
- When adding a vehicle to your account, make sure you have added it to your current permit. A vehicle can be removed from the account by emailing email@example.com. If you are removing a vehicle, the history will remain on your account, but the vehicle will be inactive. It is the responsibility of the registered owner to notify Parking Services immediately if the vehicle is stolen or if it is sold to another party.
- A citation is viewable and appealable through Manage My Parking within 48 hours, and if the responsible individual is known and has a LOUIE account, the charge will post within 72 hours. Once posted to LOUIE, the citation may then be paid online, or a cash or check payment made at Student and Departmental Account Services (Gammage building #1). If you do not have a LOUIE account, log into Manage My Parking and create a guest account or pay in our office using a major credit card.
- Parking and Shuttle Services takes an active role in helping you avoid receiving a citation. If you feel you have received a citation in error an appeal is submitted online. It takes approximately two weeks to adjudicate. A decision is posted to your Manage My Parking account. Email responses are sent daily.
- Health Services pays for client parking. Parking is located in the HLC lot south of the building (P28A). A code is required to enter at the kiosk to receive a free temporary parking permit and is included in the appointment reminder email. If you visit Health Services as a walk-in client, follow the instructions on the kiosk. The temporary permit should be displayed in its entirety on the passenger side windshield, and expires two hours after issuance.
- Health Professions pays for client parking. Parking is located on south campus in lot P48A. A permit is issued from the appropriate office in the Health Professions building (#66). The temporary permit should be displayed in its entirety on the passenger side windshield.
- Benefit-eligible faculty and staff may take advantage of tax savings by choosing 5, 10 or 18 (AY) payroll deductions.