Emergency Textbook Loan Program
Northern Arizona University is pleased to announce the Emergency Textbook Loan program administered
by LEADS Center. The purpose of this program is to assist students with unmet financial needs in obtaining required textbook(s) for schooling; textbooks must be returned at the end of the term in which the textbook was loaned. Please review the information
below and contact email@example.com with any
be an undergraduate student in good academic standing
be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credits)
be enrolled and attending the Flagstaff campus at Northern Arizona University
be referred by a FT NAU staff or faculty member
enrolled for the class for which the
book(s) is required
be eligible to receive financial aid and meet the definition of financially
needy per Federal Title IV definitions.
have a current FAFSA on file with the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
selected, the candidate must complete the Financial
Literacy 101, Paying for College on-line module prior to receiving
textbooks (1 hour).
Which books are
New, used, and rentals are available for this program from the NAU bookstore only. Clickers, course packs and other suggested materials may be covered. This program does NOT support anything purchased online or outside the on-campus bookstore.
How many books may
a student obtain?
only allowed to borrow six books per semester. There is a limited amount
of funding available each academic year. Applications will be considered on a first
come-first serve basis.
approved for the Book Loan Program based on a combination of factors that
include but are not limited to: 1) need and eligibility, 2) date complete
application was submitted and 3) past borrower history.
Notification of Award/Denial: Applications are accepted 7 days prior to the start of term. The priority application deadline is the drop with a “W” date (approximately 9 days after the start of the semester); the final application deadline is the administrative drop deadline (21st day into the semester).
- Once applications are accepted, students will be notified via email within 72 hours to confirm receipt of their application beginning the week before classes begin.
- An additional email will be sent to confirm or deny a student’s qualification for the Book Loan Program along with additional steps for qualification.
- Students must then complete the Financial Literacy 101, Paying for College on-line module with 100% completed and 100% correct in order to purchase their text books.
- Books will be purchased beginning the 2nd week of classes.
- Failure to purchase books by the administrative drop deadline will forfeit the award
Students must complete the Financial Literacy 101, Paying for College on-line module prior to receiving textbooks.
Returning Textbooks: All textbooks must be returned to the LEADS Center on or before the last day of finals. If a student is tardy in returning their textbook, they may be ineligible to participate in the book loan program in future semesters.
- Failure to return the book(s) will result in a CHARGE to the student’s LOUIE account for the total value of the unreturned books on the date of purchase. This may result in a HOLD on the student’s account, which could prevent future registration for classes or access to unofficial transcripts. This may also result in a reduction of other financial aid received in the academic term.
- Students who damage or lose books must purchase a new copy of the book(s) or this will also result in a charge to the LOUIE account for the replacement cost of the book at the time of replacement.