How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Student Support Services program. SSS is open to new incoming freshmen who are committed to earning their bachelor's degree from Northern Arizona University, as well as continuing students. To participate in the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at Northern Arizona University, or accepted for the next academic semester
- be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- have a need for academic support
- meet at least one of the following requirements:
- be a first-generation college student (your parent/guardian has not earned a bachelor’s degree)
- demonstrate financial need or come from a limited income family
- have a documented disability verified by the office of Disability Resources
For financial aid “dependent students,” this will require parent/guardian tax information and signature.
We will begin admitting students for the AY2016-17 academic year in June 2016, and will continue until the program is full.
Once we receive your SSS Program Application, we will review your eligibility for the program. Please note that we are only able to make a decision after your application is complete.
You will receive a confirmation email through your NAU email account, and you will have 2 weeks to confirm your participation for the upcoming year. If you do not confirm your participation within this time frame, your space may be forfeited to another eligible student.