Also known as the Student Environmental Caucus, the Green
Jacks help create a culture of sustainability on campus. Every student,
faculty, staff, and administrator at the university can be a Green Jack.
As an organization, the Green Jacks respond to the interests
of its members. While there are still a few signature events, members determine the bulk of the projects.
First Meeting of the Year: 6pm at the Health and Learning Center (HLC) room 2405 - see you there!!
- Organize Earth Week
- Promote the Better World Film Series
- NAU's Inaugural Earth Hour (2014)
- Skydome 2013 Homecoming Waste Audit
- Sustainable Green Cup Tailgate at Homecoming
- Hot Topics Café:
- Partnered with the Solar Mosaic crowd-sourcing
- Partnered with the New York Times and the American Democracy Project on “Times Talk,”
which focused on water, climate change, and food issues
- Helped organize the 10/10/10 Global Day of Action
How to get involved
There are many leadership opportunities available with the
Green Jacks. E-mail us to sign up for
the listserv and find out information about upcoming meetings.