Other resources for financing your education

Student employment

Need some extra cash while attending grad school? See information at Financial Aid on student employment and federal work study and browse through current NAU student employment job listings via Jobs for JacksLog in using your NAU ID (ex: abc123) and password.   

Note: Graduate assistants (GAs) who also wish to work as student employees must get approval from the Graduate College.


Visit the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid’s loan resources page to discover alternative ways to fund your higher education.

To accept and receive a student loan, you must complete both entrance loan counseling and a master promissory note. Both of these can be completed at studentloans.gov. If you have any questions about these loans, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at nau.edu/finaid/ or call 1-855-628-6333.

NOTE:  A new federal regulation regarding subsidized loans for graduate students takes effect July 1, 2012. Graduate students will not be eligible to receive Federal Direct subsidized loans for periods of enrollment beginning on or after July 1, 2012. Therefore, graduate students will not eligible for any Stafford subsidized loan for the Summer 2012 second session (which begins July 9) or for the 2012-13 academic year. 

Other options for graduate students still exist, including Stafford unsubsidized loans, Perkins loans, Graduate PLUS loans, and private/alternative loans. For more information regarding this new regulation, please visit studentloans.gov or finaid.org 

Veterans educational benefits

Veteran services include:

  • assistance in applying for all veterans’ benefits
  • educational counseling
  • tutorial assistance
  • various referral services

If you are eligible—or wish to find out if you're eligible—see veterans' financial aid or contact NAU Veterans Affairs. 

Further questions?

Contact NAU Financial Aid at one of our four Arizona locations.