A major decision
Choosing a major can seem daunting, but we offer a variety
of resources to help you decide.
To get started, assess yourself and ask:
- What types of things excite me?
- What types of jobs or careers appeal to me?
- What are my strengths?
- What do I value in a workplace setting?
To help you find the answers to these questions utilize the resources below.
AZCIS is an Arizona-based career planning and educational
guidance system that offers:
- online assessments, including:
- Skills IDEAS
- Reality Check
- Interest Profiler
- Career Cluster Inventory
- resume writer and application tools
- information about Northern Arizona University
majors and scholarships
Sign into AZCIS
with the username “nau” and “2viewazcis,” and then create your own My
Education Career Action Plan.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Strong Inventory
are career and vocational assessments available at the university’s Testing Center.
We will interpret your results, a free service for
Call us at 928-523-4772 to schedule an appointment to review
your results with a career and academic advisor.
Occupational Information Network
Find comprehensive information to help you choose a major.
The Occupational Information Network
allows you to:
- research in-demand careers
- learn about skills required for a career field
- find occupations that fit your abilities and
Checklist for choosing a major
View our checklist
for resources you might use to help you decide on a major.