Information for employers
NAU Student Employment is here to support the educational
programs of the university by providing students with practical work experience
as well as financial assistance. We recognize that the long-term benefits
of student employment not only enhances the academic experience for our
students but also improves services to the university and the surrounding
NAU Student Employment uses an online system called Jobs for Jacks to post all jobs, both on and off campus. We encourage
employers to register with Jobs for Jacks and post their open positions
online to get the most traffic for their jobs.
To register with Jobs for Jacks:
- go to: nau.edu/jobsforjacks
- click on "Employer"
- click on "Click Here to Register"
- click on "Can't find your
- enter your organization name
- select "YES" if you are a NAU employer
- complete registration information as required
NOTE: if you are a NAU employer and there are multiple
people in your department who post jobs, each person must register to be able
to enter jobs. However, once the first person has created the
organization, subsequent people can look up the name and create a new contact
for the same organization.
Your organization will be activated within 24 hours of
registration. Once you have been activated, you will be able to post a
To post a job with Jobs for Jacks:
- go to: nau.edu/jobsforjacks
- login with your User ID and password
- click on "My Jobs", then "New
- enter the position and contact information as
NOTE: for both Position Type and Applicant Type,
choose either FWS or Student Wage. DO NOT choose "Non-degree PT/PT
Your job will be activated within 24 hours of
To be eligible for FWS, students:
- must have the FAFSA currently on file and demonstrate need
- must be a US citizen, US national or a Permanent resident with an Alien Registration Card
- must be enrolled full time during fall-spring academic year
- undergraduates = 12 hours
- graduates = 9 hours
- must be enrolled at least half time during summer
- undergraduates = 6 hours
- graduates = 5 hours
- must have an offer for FWS on their financial aid award in the spring term for the current aid year
- may not work more than 20 hours per week while school is in session
- must stay within the FWS allocation. If the student earns more than the FWS allocation, they must be paid out of the department budget as Student Wage.
Hiring a student
Human Resources New Hire Xpress Online is an online Hiring Package in LOUIE for all new student employees (previous employment at NAU six months prior to hire date, or no previous employment at NAU).
NAU Student Employment provides a referral service only, and make no particular recommendations regarding employers. We make no representations or guarantees about positions posted by this office. We are not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. All hiring and compensation for work performed by students with off-campus employers is handled directly between the student and the employer.
NAU Student Employment does not perform background checks on employers posting job openings or on students applying for jobs. Employers and students are encouraged to obtain reference information from each other as needed to establish qualifications, credentials and overall fit between the employer and the student applicant. Students are urged to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting off-campus employment.
All job openings are posted at the discretion of NAU Student Employment. We will not post jobs that appear to discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or gender. NAU Student Employment also reserves the right to refuse to post jobs that do not support the interests of the university.