Department Tuition Payment Requests (DTPR)
The Department Tuition Payment Request form is to notify the Office of Student Financial Aid of any award activity where a specific department and unit are directly charged. This form does not waive any tuition or fees, and is filed for each semester to which it is to be applied.
The deadline to submit is prior to the first day of instruction of the applicable semester. Normal processing time is fifteen business days. If the form is not complete, and additional information is needed, this process will be delayed.
Failure to file a DTPR form by the deadline is considered a waiver of the right to file for the requested term.
Complete the Dept Tuition Payment Request Form
- The DTPR form must first be completed by the college/department requesting the tuition payment. PS Financials Chartfield information must accompany any DTPR and a signature of an individual authorized (for example, the PI, or person responsible for managing the grant)to spend the funds for this purpose is required.
- The form must be routed to the graduate college (if applicable), where additional monies will be assigned to the student.
- If the tuition will be charged to a sponsored project, then the DTPR must be routed to the Office of Sponsored Projects to determine whether the expense is an allowable charge to the sponsored project. If not, and no alternative department or unit is provided for funding, the request will be denied. The denied request will be returned to the department and contact information will be attached to the returned request.
- The DTPR form is then routed to the Office of Student Financial Aid, PO Box 4108, where it will be processed, and the expense transfer completed. Fees associated with late disbursement due to late receipt or extended processing time can be removed by the Student and Departmental Account Services.
- All statements, requested tuition payments and documentation provided with your petition jacket must be consistent with those presented on other university official documents and is subject to verification. Inconsistencies will jeopardize your payment request. In addition, you may be subject to disciplinary action, dismissal or suspension from the university, repayment of fraudulently waived tuition, repayment of financial aid or all of these.
- Funds associated with these requests cover tuition, fees, and insurance only. Late fees and Fronske clinic/health charges are not allowable expenses to sponsored project accounts.
- For sponsored projects, the tuition payment must be an allowable expense under the award terms and conditions. Please consult with the Sponsored Projects Office regarding any exceptions or questions regarding allowable expenses. If not, the request will be denied unless alternate PS Financials Chartfields are given to expense the funds to. Service Center local accounts may not be used to pay tuition, fees or insurance.
- If there is no enrollment record for the student at the time of the submission of the DTPR form, then it will not be processed.
- DTPR's that charge sponsored project accounts will be cancelled for students who are found by the Office of Student Financial Aid to have dropped from enrollment during the term.
- All changes in enrollment must be reported to the Office of Student Financial Aid immediately to enable adjustments to be made to the student's account and to the corresponding expense transfers previously made. It is the department's responsibility to maintain their student lists and track expenses being paid for by the grant for each student.
Contact us at (928)523-4951 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.