As a member of the student
population, there are many ways you can assist in energy conservation on
campus. You can reduce energy waste by adopting three key sustainability
- Turn off and unplug electronic devices, or
- Use a power strip and turn it off after devices have been shut down.
- Avoid the use of space heaters by dressing in layers.
- Use devices in common areas (coffee pot, mini-fridge, microwave, etc.).
as short of a shower as possible. Strive for five minutes or less.
save time, try this order: shampoo, condition, soap, shave.
- Use less water:
turn off water when not rinsing.
- Select the "Brights" cycle marked by the blue dot for cold water.
wash clothes when dirty.
- Hang clothes to dry.
- Clean the dryer filter.