Frequently Asked Questions
All information that you need as a parent should be listed in the Parent Information Guide located in our Registration & Forms section on the left-hand side of your screen. Below are some common questions to help you out with deciding on our camp!
- Where do I need to drop off and pick up my child?
- Camp drop-off and pick-up will be near the front entrance of the HLC building in the MAC Gym (Multi-Activity Center) at the corner of Franklin and S. San Francisco Street. Temporary parking is available in parking lot P7A. Look for the A-Frame signs and banner directing you to the correct location. All parents/guardians, or authorized pick-ups must bring a photo ID EVERY day in order to check out their child(ren).
- What if someone is picking up my child who is not on the authorized list?
- Contact the Summer Camp Coordinator via e-mail to confirm the first and last name of the individual(s) needing to be added to your child's authorized pick-up list. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail back by 3:00pm on the day the alternative individual picks up your child, please contact 928-523-1585 to confirm with a professional staff member.
- What should my child wear to camp?
- Ensure your child wears comfortable, loose fitting clothes to camp each day. Closed-toed shoes are required, and absolutely no flip-flops. Your child will need to bring a swim suit and towel each day for the aquatics portion of camp. On field-trip days all campers are required to wear their camp t-shirt. If you forget your child's t-shirt, you can purchase an extra at the Rec Center front desk for $10.
- Can I pack food for my child?
- Pack a small snack for the morning and afternoon along with a lunch each day for your child. We cannot provide refrigeration nor microwave, so please pack all food in an insulated lunch box and mark everything you bring with your child's name. Absolutely no sharing of food is permitted among campers.
- What else does my child need to bring?
- Make sure your child has a water bottle that they will be able to refill throughout the day and a bottle of sunscreen. It is highly recommended that campers come with sunscreen applied prior to camp! We suggest every child have a small backpack to keep all belongings together.
- My child lost some of their belongings, is there a lost and found?
- We keep a lost and found bin by the doors every morning and afternoon during pick-up and drop-off. Please be sure to claim belongings quickly as the bin tends to fill up fast. Write your child's name on all of their belongings prior to attending camp to prevent items from being left unclaimed.
- What if I need to pick up my child early or drop them off late?
- All early pick-ups or late drop-offs should be coordinated by looking at our daily schedule to see where your child's group is located. All counselors are responsible for keeping this calendar up to date, so please let us know if information is inaccurate.
- What happens if I miss my child's pick-up time?
- If you arrive past the scheduled pick-up time, There will be a 15 minute grace period (until 5:30pm) until a $20 fee will be charged.
- Can my child's counselor administer medication?
- Counselors are not permitted nor certified to administer medication for campers. Please give you child any and all medication prior to arriving at camp.
- Can my child bring a cell phone or other electronics to camp?
- Campers may bring cell phones as long as they are kept in their bags at all times and do not cause distraction during the day. Staff is permitted to confiscate any electronic device deemed a distraction to planned activities. All emergencies can be communicated directly to the Camp Coordinator (928-523-0567), to the Rec Center Front Desk (928-523-1733) or Rec Administrative Staff (928-523-1585). Campus Rec is also not responsible for any lost, broken, or stolen items.
- I am a CCC2NAU Student, am I able to register my child for the student rate?
- Unfortunately, CCC2NAU Students are NOT able to register their child at the student rate and must register as a community member.
If you need additional help or have any other questions, please contact Michael Przydzial at 928-523-0567 or Anita Burns at 928-523-7420