Campus Recreation Outdoor Facilities are primarily utilized by Campus Recreation Competitive and Recreational Sports. NAU students and Rec Center members can access the fields for informal play. See below to reserve this space for your next event, camp or social.
South Campus Recreation Complex
- The South Campus Recreation Complex was opened
in fall 2009, and features two fully lit artificial turf fields to accommodate
soccer, lacrosse, rugby, flag football, softball, and open recreation. The
complex also features two sand volleyball courts, an 18-hole disc golf course,
and a covered picnic area with water and restrooms.
- The complex is located in the south portion of
NAU’s campus, on the corner of Pine Knoll Drive and South Huffer Lane
Observatory Field Complex
- The Observatory Field Complex was opened in
spring 2014, and features two natural grass surfaces to accommodate soccer,
ultimate frisbee, quidditch, and open recreation.
- The complex is located in the central portion of
NAU’s campus, on the corner of University Drive and South San Francisco Street
Reserving Outdoor Facility Space
Reserve outdoor facility space for your next event, camp, or social!
- Student Organizations and outside groups may
request a reservation for the complex through the Facility Reservations page.
- Individuals without a valid NAU Parking Permit
must abide by NAU Parking Services’ guidelines for parking on campus.