Who gets in?
Because our MS program maintains a close student-faculty interaction, we accept only 30 full-time and 30 part-time summers-only students per year.
Here’s who we accepted in 2012:
|30% of applicants||52% of applicants|
|GPA average was 3.6||GPA average was 3.3|
|GRE verbal percentile higher than 68||GRE verbal percentile higher than 46|
|GRE quantitative percentile higher than 52||GRE quantitative percentile higher than 34|
|GRE writing percentile higher than 58||GRE writing percentile higher than 47|
The admissions committee constructs a profile of each applicant’s potential that is not dependent upon any single criterion, however, scores below the 20th percentile on any subtest of the GRE are not competitive.
Be sure you have read the important information on the Prospective Student link before proceeding. Ready to apply? Here’s what you need:
Two applications are required
You are required to submit two separate applications—one through the CSD Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) and the other through the NAU Graduate College. Follow all of the steps below to ensure that you complete all of your application requirements.
Requirements for each application
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all materials are submitted to CSDCAS and the NAU Graduate College by January 15. Refer to the three sections below: 1) CSDCAS, 2) NAU Graduate College and 3) Application Dates.
- A personal essay explaining your reasons for applying
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended, including any college prep class or international class. All official transcripts need to be sent directly to CSDCAS from the colleges or universities.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Check your CSDCAS application progress, weekly, until it says, "mailed".
NAU Graduate College
- NAU Application for Admission, select "Flagstaff Mountain" as the campus option. If you do not receive a confirmation email immediately after submitting your NAU application, go back into your electronic application and make sure you have completed the SUBMIT process. To confirm whether you have completed an application, check your Activity Log using your use name at https://www.applyweb.com/cgi-bin/ustat. If you cannot remember your log-in or password, please access the appropriate links at https://www.applyweb/com/apply/northazg/. Technical support for the online application can be sought at email@example.com. If you continue to have questions about your NAU application, please contact the NAU Graduate Admissions office at 928-523-6902.
- GRE test results (within the last 5 years). REQUIRED. http://www.ets.org/gre/. All applicants are required to have ETS (Educational Testing Services) submit directly to NAU your official GRE scores which are no more than five years old. CSD does not specify minimum GRE scores but uses values from all three sections of the general GRE to rank applicants. We recommend that you prepare thoroughly for the exam. You may take the GRE multiple times. Your best score is the one that is used from each subtest. Subtest scores below the 20%-ile are not competitive.
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended must be uploaded to your NAU application. If accepted, you will then need to submit official transcripts before you can register for classes. It will be your responsibility to remember this.
- List of CSD program prerequisite courses taken.
September 18, 2013
By November 15, 2013
- Take the GRE by this date to ensure that your scores arrive at the NAU Graduate College on time. It takes 4-6 weeks for GRE scores to reach NAU. Scores must be within the last five years.
- Notify your academic and professional references to expect an e-mail from CSDCAS. CSDCAS will begin e-mailing your references after this date.
- Request that each college and university you attended send official transcripts to CSDCAS. This includes college prep and international courses.
By January 15, 2014
- Deadline to E-Submit applications for admission through CSDCAS and NAU Graduate College. This includes official transcripts, letters of recommendation, personal essay, and GRE scores. Deadline is precisely at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard time!
By March 31, 2014
- Acceptance offers are emailed to students.
Full-Time and Full-Time Leveler Tracks begin in the Fall session (August) and the Part-time Summers-Only Track begins in the Summer session (June).