Transfer students are considered as high school graduates who have enrolled at a college, university
or any other school since graduating from high school and have earned at least 12 college credits. If you have graduated from high school and have earned less than 12 college credit hours, please complete the freshman application.
Your application is considered complete and a decision will be made when we receive:
- official transcripts from all colleges attended, submitted directly from those institutions (note: opened transcripts or transcripts issued to students are not acceptable)
- a final official high school transcript, or GED scores, are required if you have not earned an associate's degree, the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) or the California Inter-segmented General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
- a $25 non-refundable application fee
The Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation Office will evaluate transcripts to determine the number of transfer credits accepted.
Northern Arizona University will accept college-level transfer coursework with grades of C or better or P from an institution that is accredited by one of the following:
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
You will be offered admission if you have earned a minimum of 35 credits and the AGEC or the California IGETC with a cumulative GPA of 2.5; or earned an associate’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
You will be considered for admission if you have a 2.0 or higher overall college GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and at least 24 transferable academic college credits.
PLEASE NOTE: Transfer students with fewer than 24 transferable academic units, need to have transcripts of all college work and your high school sent to us. If you are under the age of 22 and do not have an associate's degree, an AGEC or an IGETC, you will need to have transcripts of all college work and your high school sent to us. If you are over the age of 22 and have 24 or more transferable academic units, please have your college transcripts sent to us.
Post-baccalaureate second-degree seeking applicants must provide an official transcript indicating the awarding of your degree and transcripts of all coursework taken following the awarding of your degree.