Am I required to attend Orientation?
All new students are strongly encouraged to attend Orientation as it is a great opportunity to meet people and learn about life as a Lumberjack. At Orientation you will:
- learn tips on navigating the university system, on succeeding academically and on getting involved in campus life
- meet one-on-one with an academic adviser and enroll in your courses
- receive helpful information including the Orientation Handbook - a guide to life on campus
- have an opportunity to meet with students from many clubs on campus
- gather information about Greek Life, Outdoor Activities, campus services, and other campus events
- hear from faculty on their expectations from students
- meet Orientation Leaders and get to know about life as a Lumberjack
What should I bring to orientation?
If my travel plans require me to travel alone to orientation without a parent or guardian and I have to arrive a day before the Orientation session begins or to leave a day after the session ends, can I stay longer in the residence hall?
Yes, we can arrange for you to check in early to Wilson Hall or check out late if your travel plans require it. In order to make arrangements please contact Sara Jean Gilbert at SaraJean.Gilbert@nau.edu at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled Orientation session.