Northern Arizona University has been recognized for its leadership and excellence in a number of areas.
- In its 2015 Best Colleges rankings, U.S. News & World Report recognized the university’s undergraduate programs in business and engineering. In its Best Grad School rankings, the same publication recognized NAU’s graduate programs in biological science, business, education, nursing, physical therapy, and speech-language pathology.
- Northern Arizona University ranked first on Best College Reviews’ 2015 list of the 25 Best Online Colleges.
- The university is considered a top choice for Native American students, and was highly rated by the American Indian Science and Engineering Society’s 2014-15 College Guide.
- The university was ranked one of the top nursing colleges in the Southwest by College Factual.
- In 2015, The W. A. Franke College of Business ranked 4th in the nation for veteran students according to Military Times.